Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Thursday, March 4, 2010

Yoga Board of Inspiration

Let me introduce you to one of my co-workers.  There is no doubt in my mind that the wonderful Ary is going to be one of Montreal's (and the world's) next fashionista gurus.  She is so talented in what she does, but most importantly, she is extremely passionate.  She has known that she wants to design clothing since she has been a child.  Her dream continues to follow her, and is slowly becoming a reality!  She recently shared a great idea with me.  In order to remain continually inspired, she has created her very own board of inspiration.  This is a place where she compiles photos in order to motivate her.  It acts as a constant reminder of where she wants to go, and what she longs for.  A simple picture of a flower can mean much more to her than what it literally represents.  It can help her with the creation of a piece of clothing.  With it, she can also find ways to enliven herself.  She has made a board for fashion, and even for her new home.  She will place pictures of beaches, suns, water, etc, to inspire her to create a similar feeling in her home of what these images represent.  In a nutshell, these boards act as a way to inspire her in life.  When she told me this, I instantly wanted to do the same.  This is how my Yoga Board of Inspiration has come to be.

Now, I don't want to lie- I haven't yet actually purchased a physical board, but I have started collecting pictures and articles that I know will continue to trigger the spark I have burning inside of me.  I am constantly perusing through issues of Yoga Journal and other books and magazines for articles and pictures that particularly catch my eye.  I have pictures of poses- poses I'd like to perfect, poses I look forward to teaching and poses I want to learn more about.  I have cut out powerful articles that have made me smile, laugh and ponder.  Sometimes a simple color or a word will stand out, and I will cut that out, too.  Anything that conjures up beauty, devotion and stimulates my senses has a spot on my board.  I have such a medley of images collected, but each and every one speaks to me on a certain level.  At first glance it will probably look like a mish-mash of a collage, but what it represents for me is what is most important.  I know that something simple like this board will continue to push me in the right direction.

I think this may become something I undertake on a regular basis.  The particular board I have started is with regards to my yoga practice, but there are many more board oppurtunities as well!  I would propose to you all to try a similar project.  Even just perusing through images feels good- it's kind of therapeutic, really.

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

No comments:

Post a Comment