Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hump Day Happies: NamasTea

I have been a tea drinker for quite some time- coffee never really tickled my fancy.  And by now, most of you know that I am completely and utterly smitten by David's Tea (is this already the 3rd time I mention them in my bloga?)  Well, it's true- though I have always loved tea, this place has helped me rediscover it in a whole new way.  It puts most of the other teas I have bought at the grocery store to shame.

I'll drink tea at most any time during the day, whether it's David's or not.  I like to enjoy a cup in the morning, and especially in the afternoon.  I'll drink a cup before going to bed (decaf, naturally).  I'll have a spot of tea at home, at the office, or while I'm out and about.  However, I especially love to drink tea right after my yoga practice.  When I step out of class, my body and my mind are at such ease.  It is one of the most rejuvenating feelings.  The last thing I want is to have that sensation evaporate from inside of me.  Once I step out of class, I am absorbed in the hustle and bustle of a busy downtown afternoon.  What do I do in order to segue myself from zen to zoo?  I enjoy a cup of tea, which is so graciously offered to me at the end of every practice.  It makes me feel as though I am able to drink in everything I am feeling at that moment.  The warm soothing taste and aroma encompasses me, and allows me to greet my day anew.  Often is is an extremely tasty Bengal tea that is served- slightly spicy with a hint of cinnamon, ginger and cloves- the perfect combo after a perfect practice.

Now let me be honest: I keep coming back to David's Tea, but I assure you that they are not paying me to do so, ha!  I just really, really...really...love their tea.  Plus, it was started here in Montreal!  But you know what else is so great about this place?  The people who work there- not once have I met someone bitter.  They are always smiling and extremely helpful.  I always end up having a little chat with the person behind the counter, and it is such a nice addition to my day.  I walk out of there with a similar feeling to when I walk out of my yoga class- happy!

So on this sunny Hump Day, make yourself a nice cup of  tea (or go to David's tea and buy one) and bask in the glow it brings to you.

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

Check out the David's Tea website!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally understand your love of tea, because I'm pretty much the same. Your tea shop sounds lovely, although I won't get to visit as I'm in australia!
    However I have my own lovely tea shop here ...,it's a bit old fashioned with one of those bells on the door as you walk in, and it's full to the brim of all these different teas, from all different places, plus a million and one different tea-cups, tea-pots, and so on. There is one tea I especially love called "Balance" which is made up of hawthorn berries, ginger, cinnamon, cardmon, cloves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tea sounds delicious, and the shop adorable! I wonder if you can order some David's tea on-line and have it shipped to Australia?

    ReplyDelete