Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Friday, April 2, 2010

Direct Your Feet to the Sunny Side of the Street

If you live where I live, I do hope that you took advantage of such a warm, beautiful day!  Vinny and I spent the afternoon in the sun, hand in hand (awww, I know).  We began our stunning day with a bewtiching picnic in Lafontaine Park.  Our delectible meal consisted of apricot danishes, camembert cheese, lentil and cranberry salad, and a medley of fruit juice.  It was the perfect dish for the perfect day.  Of course, whenever we spend the day outside, our trusted camera tags along.  I have mentioned it in a previous post, but there is something so therapeutic about being outdoors and capturing images.  You become engulfed in your own world and the feeling, to me, is similar to yoga.  To make it even better, I was accompanied by my beau.  What more could a girl ask for?  Well, I have the answer to that question: ice cream!  We made our way to Mont-Royal avenue and went to Patio, our favourite ice cream parlor that opened its doors today.  The line-up was bewildering, bu definitely worth it once we tasted those soft-churn chocolate and vanilla ice cream cones.

I have had an extremely stiff neck all week so practicing yoga has been slightly tricky.  I know that yoga is what will help, but I can't quite go into certain poses without feeling a sharp pain rush through my neck and upper spine.  My fabulous teacher gave me some helpful poses that I can do at home, but in the meantime, I will get my yogic fix by basking in the warmth of the sun that has promised to shine for the rest of the weekend.

Extreme Vinny close-up with me in his glasses



Yeehaw, the beauty of the day brings out my inner cowgirl.

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

No comments:

Post a Comment