Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Saturday, April 24, 2010

Om Sweet Om

If you have been reading my bloga consistently, most of you are probably aware by now that I am quite fond of Mont-Royal Avenue. It is a 5 mintue walk from my place, which makes all my errands and tasks so much more enjoyable. I can do my groceries, go to the drug store, grab a bite to eat or even a quick drink, all by foot. However, another thing I love is being able to enjoy some peace and quiet- this is not always the scenario when living on The Plateau. True, it is far more peaceful than other areas on the Island, but having grown up in the suburbs has left me with this lingering feeling that the lifestyle in the small town I grew up in still has a delicate spot in my heart.

Vinny and I made a decision, and here I am, ready to share it with you. I, Lady Lotus, am leaving the fresh and hip lifestyle of the Plateau, and will be moving back to the burbs- to the town we both grew up in. And you know what? I am so excited! We are going to have a house, not an appartment, with a backyard, not a fire escape, and a garden, not a potted plant. And now, for the creme de la creme...I am going to have my very own yoga room. It’s a struggle for me to even practice by myself in my tiny appartment now, without having to move a whole bunch of furniture around to find a place for my mat. Now, I will have an entire room dedicated to practicing yoga. I can even have friends over to practice with me. Once my teacher training begins, part of my homework is going to be to teach classes to friends so that I can practice- now we will be able to do it in the comfort of my own home. I snooped around a few shops last week, scrounging for deco inspiration and came across some nice pieces. Not only am I smitten at the thought of having a space to do yoga, but also to simply have my space. It will be my own little private escape. I promise to post pictures of my yoga sanctuary once it’s complete, but you will have to be patient since we are only moving July 1st.

I will also be able to do yoga privately outdoors, in the backyard. That is something I love- clearing the state of my mind with the fresh air whistling around me, birds chirping and wind chimes chiming. Sigh, Is it July yet??

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

Okay, so the yoga room won't look quite like this...but a girl can dream, right?

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a nice yoga room!
    Good luck with your move. I'm sure you will enjoy having a backyard to do yoga practice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, KB! If ever youre in town visiting you can come practice with me in my backyard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great, and if you're ever popping into Melbourne you can visit my backyard also. Some yoga poses might be possible if I move some of the kids play equipment out of the way...although the kids (2&4) have this love of trying to hang off people in yoga poses (picture little monkeys);)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha take a picture next time and send it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. is it weird that I'm excited that you get to decorate a whole house? What color will you paint the yoga room?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsay, I wish you were here to help me decorate!
    Not 100% sure on the colour yet. Right now it is a very light lilac color, it looks very pretty, but I'm thinking of giving it a fresher coat. Any suggestions? I was thinking of maybe a nice soft yellow, or a really light happy blue...or a soft green? haha I don't know!

    ReplyDelete