Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hump Day Happies: Today, not Tomorrow

A few months ago, I borrowed a book from a friend.  Actually, it wasn't really his book- he didn't quite know who it belonged to but there it was, collecting dust on a bookshelf.  Of course I took this as a sign and thought that this booked was put there for me to find it!  It's entitled "Simple Abundances: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy" by Sarah Ban Breathnach.  Now, this book sort of wears a self-help title disguise, but it is more than that.  It is a book to help inspire and to help motivate, without being too preachy or guru-like.  It is comprised of 365 anecdotes- one for every day of the year.  Though I must admit that I don't pick it up daily to read (though I wish I would) it's nice to skim through it every now and then when you need a little bit of perspective put into things.

So today, on this February 24th Hump Day Happy, I would like to share a passage from today's Simple Abundance. 

"Each day from now on we're going to use the daily grist of our real lives as a cause for celebration.  I have learned many lessons from the Simple Abundance path.  Chief among them is that the details of our days do make a difference in our lives, that no experience is ever just for drill, and that everything can be a springboard for inspiration if we are willing to be open to the goodness of life."

Do you ever find yourself questioning why something happens, at that particular time of your life?  That particular moment, week, month...what we can all try to do is take any kind of occurence or happening and make something out of it.  I have always been a fond believer that everything happens for a reason.  So lets take those things and try to see the bright side of them, even if they seem dark.  My personal goal is to try and grasp life by the hand daily, and not put things off until tomorrow.  Because tomorrow can become a long time if you keep using it as an excuse.

So on this Hump Day, I would implore you to take action.  Look at everything that has happened today and use that as a way to find oppurtunity, meaning, happiness, excitement...take it as a discovery.  And don't forget to, of course, smile.

Wishing you a Hump Day full of enlightment!

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

No comments:

Post a Comment