Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cry Baby

Have you ever had one of those days where you just need to cry?  Sometimes you can't really explain it, but the second you're alone and your head hits the pillow, you feel that quick shortness of breath and your eyes begin to glaze over.  Personally, it usually doesn't take much to make me cry- I'm a big softy.  Just ask my beau Vinny Slick- I cry at movies, TV shows, commercials, songs, books, plays...But I don't even necessarily cry at those moments where you would expect a person to cry- I cried during an episode of The Simpsons, seriously.  I guess I'm just a really emotional person.  I know I'm not the only one like this, though.  There are others of you out there, right? 

Well, last night, I had a good cry.  I was lying in bed, and all of a sudden felt overwhelmed.  I just cried, cried, cried.  And you know what?  It felt great.  I've mastered the ability to completely freeze my brain if something is making me sad.  Sometimes, I don't even know what that something is because I have blocked it so far behind my mind.  But then, once the faucets get turned, out comes the water.  I'm glad it comes out every now and then, if not I would be extremely emotionally frozen!

So on that note, I would like to share a quote with you that I recently discovered from Swami Kripalu.  It might make you feel a bit better when you find yourself with the blues.
"Crying is one of the highest devotional songs. One who knows crying, knows spiritual practice. If you can cry with a pure heart, nothing else compares to such a prayer. Crying includes all the principles of Yoga."

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

No comments:

Post a Comment