Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Thursday, July 15, 2010

Walls and Beams, Love and Dreams

I have always loved logging into my bloga and sharing my thoughts with you, but now I can enjoy it even more as I find myself nestled and typing on my brand new couch.  Vinny and I have finally found that perfect pile of cushiony bliss to find its way into our hearts, home and living room.  If there was an award for Best Couch, ours would be displayed in bright lights on that red carpet and win, hands down, no questions asked.  It's huge, it's comfortable, it's lovely, and it was extremely affordable!  I know, this isn't a blog about furniture, but I just wanted to help you all in creating a visual to have you understand how absolutely happy I am as I type this.  My level of comfort is as pleased as punch.

The house is treating us extremely well, and we are doing the same in return.  We have organized and re-organized.  We have bought new furniture and kept the old that has followed us through every move.  We have swept, dusted and mopped.  We have painted...okay, that's a lie.  My wonderful folks came in and painted the bedroom while we were both at work.  But the painting is not done, and Vinny and I shall attack the other walls once our colors have been picked.  I told you all I would show you pictures of my yoga room once it is complete, but the truth is I have not gotten to it just yet.  I am still in the midst of cleaning it out and as of now, the room is being used as a storage space for our remainding boxes.  I anticipate, however, to have it fully beautified and yogafied within the next two weeks.  The perfect yoga room takes a lot of time to make it just that- perfect.  But I have already started visualizing myself in various asanas, feeling the sun dip down through the window, embracing my face with its warmth.

If I have not yet make it abundantly clear- the new house = me very happy.  I was even pulling out weeds from our front garden this afternoon and was overcome with joy.  Even vaccuming has become fun.  Have I become a total suburban dork?  Perhaps.  But I am smiling all the way through!  Now, something else exciting and new to share with you all.  Having moved back to the burbs means that the yoga studio I practice at seems to be at the other end of the rainbow.  It is quite sad- I cannot practice there as much as I used to.  Only when I have a day off from work can I make it to bask in the glory and wonder of my fabulous teacher's teaching.  I went to see her the other day to announce that she may not see me as often, but the good news is that I have officially signed back on to do my Yoga Teacher Training with her come this September!  Knowing that I will at the very least be going back for one weekend a month is enough to ease me.  This is when something popped into my mind: do I find another studio?  Yes, I will have my own home practice (my fabulous teacher has even reccomended me some great books for doing yoga at home) but there is something so special about going to a studio, meeting students and teachers, and treating yourself to a new ambiance and atmosphere.  This is when my super duper MatanteMimi told me about a yoga studio she practices at located about 10 minutes away from my new home.  She had nothing but great things to say about it.  At first, a wicked feeling dawned upon me.  Going to another studio and practicing with another teacher made me feel guilty, as though I was cheating on my initial studio.  I have fallen so in love with the studio and my fabulous teacher that the thought of straying away to another left a bad taste in my mouth.  Though after careful thought I realized that this move has opened up so many different options for me.  I have been given the chance to explore my yoga training on an even deeper level.  I may learn different styles and techniques.  I may meet other wonderful teachers.  This does not mean that my utter love and devotion to my fabulous teacher anbd studio is being tested.  It is simply opening up the gates of discovery.  I can share everything else I learn with my fabulous teacher, and I know that she will be happy to know that I have continued exploring my love for yoga at another studio, and have not given up due to the fact that distance and travel is at play.  If I were still living on the Island I would, without a doubt, continue to practice at the studio very often but now, I must spread my little blonde wings and taste the waters of the studio next door.  I am just so thankful to be able to continue to practice regularly, and especially to still be able to do my Teacher Training with my fabulous teacher who I owe so much gratitude towards for helping me recognize such a wonderful art, tradition, therapy and gift.  So I guess when I really start thinking about it, it's a win win situation.  Yoga has taught me to open up my heart and my mind.  What better way to continue to do so by challenging my inner restraints and dipping my toes into something new.  My first class at this new studio will be on Monday.  You know you will be hearing all the details.  Lets hope that I love it!

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

No comments:

Post a Comment