Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Studio Take 2!

As it turns out I did not in fact go check out the new yoga studio next to my house as I said I would a couple posts ago.  No no, I wasn't lazing around in bed or on my super couch- that would be inexcusable, right?  Instead, I drove right by the studio and made a left turn a few streets down...to visit my friend who just had a baby!  She is only a week old and one of the most adorable little cuties I have ever seen.  And you know what?  The feeling I got after leaving and having held her in my arms was equivalent to a whole afternoon's worth of asanas and pranayama.  I could not wipe the smile off my face, and no one could have even smacked it off if they tried.  Something about holding a just barely 8-pound bundle of pure joy uplifts even the most tired and drained of spirits.  So while I did not cleanse myself with yoga, my mind and my body were cleansed in a different fashion.

Next step for my friend- mommy and baby yoga!  Oh, and I do still intend on visiting the studio near my house- to be continued!

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

No comments:

Post a Comment