Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dante vs Yoga : The Official Showdown

Oh my goodness- life is testing me yet again!  For those of you who have followed my blog quite closely, or for those of you who know me all too well, you know that I am a huge fan of General Hospital.  Yes, it's true, I am completely and utterly hooked on that 3:00pm soap opera that ties together love, hate, revenge, the mob, doctors, nurses, patients, weddings, divorces, and all those other tasty, guilty pleasures that far too many women (and even some men) drool all over.  Let me paint a clearer picture for you: I have been watching GH for about 20 years.  I kid you not.  When I would stay at home with my mom after pre-school, I would sit with her in the den and watch GH at the age of 5.  I didn't always pay close attention, nor did I understand what was happening, but I loved the poofy curly locks of one of the characters, Luke.  From that point on, I kept watching as I grew, and followed the storylines more closely as I entered teenagehood.  Here I am now, at 25 years old, still remaining loyal to my favourite daytime families and friends.  Now my love for this show has grown significantly in the last year, as the stories have become more seductive, intense, suspenseful and hilarious.

The GH love of my life is Dante.  Okay, the actor's name is Dominic Zamprogna (proud Canadian, woot woot!), but to me he is just Dante.  I know I'm sounding like a bag of nuts but I am crazy for this guy.  Coco bananas, really.  Awkward, I know, but I can't deny it.  So you can only imagine my sheer and utter thrill when I discovered that he is coming to Toronto to host a fundraising event for The Ontario Children's Wish Foundation (Not only is he yummy and talented but he has a big heart!  Awww.)  I nearly jumped out of my chair and started mapping my roap trip to Toronto in my head.  I feel like at this point I need to clear something up- I have never felt this awe-struck by a performer before (not since I've been a teenager at least) but I can proudly admit that yes, I am a hopeless Dante groupie.  Okay, now that I got that out of the way...he is coming to Toronto, and I want to go see him!

Fast forward to a few minuets after hearing this exciting news...I check the date of the event.  It's a weekend- fabulous, I'm not working.  But what is this reserved block on my calendar?  On September 11th, the day of the fundraiser, I will be starting my very first Yoga Teacher Training Class.  For a moment, my heart sank to the ground.  Noooo, my chance to meet Dante (and undeniably have him fall in love with me but have to tell him my heart happily belongs to Vinny but I am flattered nonetheless...ahem...) is but a mere dream because I start school.  But you know what?  Once this dissapointment had a chance to wiggle around in my brain a bit more, I immediately started thinking more of my YTT, and how excited I am to start it!  Yes, if I was slightly less devoted I could skip class that day and be back in time for the Sunday class, but there is no question that I could ever let anything get in the way of my very first Saturday YTT.  Dante or no Dante, my heart and fidelity holds a tighter spot for my passion of reaching my ultimate Yogic goal.  The chance I have been given to dedicate myself more to Yoga is an oppurtunity that I am incredibly fortunate to venture in.  Dante, well, he will come back to Canada sometime.  And I will be there, with a heart full of Yoga bliss.  By then I'll likely be certified, so you know what that means-a private Yoga class with Dante, free of charge.  Yeah, it will be worth the wait.

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

Hey dreamboat- your first class is on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment