Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Pampering My Prana At The Studio

For the first time in a month, I went to the yoga studio for class.  I have been so incredibly swamped with work, that I have not been able to peel myself from my corporate duties to enjoy a class of yoga with my fabulous teacher.  Today, for the first time in a long time, I was able to free myself and enjoy an hour of pure bliss.

The walk to the yoga studio was like floating on clouds.  I was so excited to get there- I felt like I was a little girl again, making my way through a crowded toy store for the latest Barbie doll.  Of course I had to slow it down at one point because if you live where I live, you are much aware that it is hot out there today.  But who's complaining?  The sun is shining!  When I walked into the studio the familiar smell immediately twirled my senses into a whirwind of happiness.  I seriously wanted to jump into my teacher's arms and give her a huge hug- but I settled on an extremely warm and honest smile that drew upon my entire face.  The air conditioning was broken but you know what?  I didn't even care- let me sweat!  My teacher and I caught up to date on our lives, I found my stored mat, changed into my clothes, grabbed the necessary props, and lied down in the front of the room.  Finally, I was home.

The entire practice was un-like anything I had experienced in a while.  Sure, I do yoga at home on a regular basis, but there is something different about sharing this wonderful experience with others around you, and having my fabulous teacher there to aid and support when necessary.  Once it was all done, after the Shoudler Stands, Downward Dogs, Triangles, Warriors, Bridges, and all the other amazing bends, seats and twists, my body became a holding bag for pure ecstasy.  I really don't like being so caught up with work that I can't practice at the studio as much as I'd like, but the reward of finding the time to go in the end is absolutely heavenly.  You can bet your buns that I will be back tomorrow.

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

No comments:

Post a Comment