Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hump Day Happies: Don't Be Perfect, Be Yourself

So in light of the tiny misadventure I had this week as blogged about in yesterday's posting, I have come up with today's Hump Day Happy.  Everyone always says that nobody is perfect, and this is definitely true.  We all have our own little flaws, whatever they may be, but they are ours, and in essence, become a part of who we are.  I took the time today to really sit down and contemplate what I heard from the Doc yesterday: slow it down.  I was never usually a stressed person, nor do I want to become one.  So perhaps this diagnosis can act as a friendly reminder and knudge that I am not perfect, though I am already well aware of this.  Maybe I'm finding fault in my imperfections, and these are in trial causing unecessary stressors in my life.  I'd like to be quicker, more timely, more organized...but if I can't have 100% of all these things, it doesn't give me liable reason to stress about it.  I know that as long as I put as much effort as I safely can into a given project, that I will be happy.  Salvador Dali once said "Have no fear of perfection; you'll never reach it."  You know, this can even go with your yoga practice.  I have mentioned previously that yoga also means practicing non-judgement- to those around you, but most importantly to yourself.  So what if you had an off day in class?  So what if you can't go deeper into a pose?  So what if the person next to you is more flexible?  No one is perfect, but your efforts can be.

So on this Hump Day, lets not have life's little imperfections take us over.  Be happy with who you are and what you can achieve.  Let's smile as we remember that nobody is perfect- that's why pencils have erasers. 

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

No comments:

Post a Comment