Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cat Yoga

I just had to share this with all of you. I was perusing an on-line bookstore in search of a specific book I need for my Yoga Teacher Training (which begins shortly, I am so excited!) when I stumbled across a book entitled “Cat Yoga”.
Of course, being a lover of yoga and fuzzy animals, my curiosity immediately got the best of me. The book is comprised of various yoga positions, completely demonstrated by our furry feline friends. Now, the left side of my brain said “Don’t do it, do you really need a book that has pictures of cats doing yoga?” Then the right side chimed in with an “Oh come on, you know you want to. How cute is that?!” The right side always seems to triumph- I’m such a pushover. Before I knew it I had placed my order. Within 2 days, voila! My book arrived.
Honestly, it is an absolutely adorable read. There are cats and kittens doing hundreds of different poses, with an explanation of each pose as it relates to cats! Silly, I know, but it makes for a good chuckle when you
are in need of one.  However, what was initially a ridiculous purchase has now grown into something else. I will eventually want to explore teaching yoga to children. I hope that this book will aid me with my first potential student: my beautiful 5 years old niece. With Red-Head Bro and Sistah in Law's permission, I want to introduce their little girl to yoga, and what better way than to start off by showing her kitties in the poses? It hooked me line and sinker, and I am cruious if it will do the same for her.

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

4 comments:

  1. Dixie would have rocked at yoga...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to give in to that right side of the brain, hey? Creativity and inspiration....
    Best wishes for starting your yoga teacher training, looking forward to hearing how it goes!
    KB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace is considering yoga... as long as it ddoesn't interfere with her birdwatching hobby. Remember Smudge? She would have loved the yoga stretches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that Dixie and Smudge are enjoying some yoga right about now... :)

    ReplyDelete