Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Sunday, June 6, 2010

Perdone, ¿dónde está el estudio de yoga?

Now, please don't cry but...I am very sorry to inform you all that I will be unable to blog for the next two weeks.  Why, you may ask?  This little blonde yoga-loving muchacha is off to Peru!  Yes, I am packing my bags, leaving my computer behind, and am off to discover a part of the world that is completely new to me.  I will be exploring temples and ruins, perusing local markets, tasting new food (keeping my fingers crossed that it's veg friendly!) and *drum roll please* making my way to the top of Machu Picchu.  Just the thought of planting my two feet on that infamous mountain sends shivers of excitement up and down my spine.  I will have the oppurtunity to breathe in the air of one of the 7 Wonders of the World.  Of course, I will breathe in that air quite carefully, as it is very thin once you get to the top!  I know that my yoga training will come in handy at that point, allowing me to pay attention to my breathing, and having it calm my mind, my body and my soul.  I have been told by a friend of mine that once you get to the top of that glorious mountain, I will feel that I have found Heaven.  She said the view is enough to bring you to tears.  So needless to say, I am head over heels in love with the notion that I am given the chance to take such a trip and experience such a world.

Our trip will begin in Lima, where my red-headed bro is getting married. Yes yes, our trip's foundation is based on the fact that my broskee is marrying his long-term Latina love in her home-town.  There is no doubt in my mind that this happy occasion is going to be quite the memorable one.  After a few days of wedding prep and the wedding day, we are making our way to Cuzco, where we will spend the remainder of our trip exploring different areas and experiencing different things.  My one personal goal for this entire trip: find a place where I can do yoga.  Whether it be in a studio, in a hotel room, or on top of that towering heap of a mountain, I want to feel what it is like to do yoga in such an environment.  I am sure that this trip will enlighten me from start to finish, and I can only fathom what it will add to my own yogic experience.

So though it saddens me to be unable to blog with you for the next couple of weeks, rest assured that upon my return, I will have a lot to blog about- with pictures, of course!  I'm convinced that I will have plenty of stories to share with you about the scenery, the culture, the people and, of course, some blonde blunders due to my lack of Spanish speaking skills.  At least I know I'll be able to find a bathroom: ¿dónde está el baño?

Namaste,
Lady Lotus


I'll be seeing you soon, Machu Picchu...

No comments:

Post a Comment