Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Blogging Around the Christmas Tree

Friends, the holidays are officially over. I took the last two weeks to rest and rejuvenate…well, I tried! While the holidays are probably the most joyful time in my life, it is also the busiest. I have always been a huge Christmas nut. When it comes to finding gifts, I’m that person that will spend more on a gift than I expected to if I think the person I’m shopping for will reallllllly like it. But most importantly, I’ve always spent the holidays with those I love, and this year was no exception. I got to see friends I hadn’t seen in a long time, and got to spend some much needed quality time with my family. Christmas itself has been even more special in the last few years as my family now has 3 little rugrats. With my niece and nephews around, the magic of Christmas seems to blossom even more profoundly. Their smiles and excitement are absolutely priceless. I think that’s my favourite part of Christmas- living vicariously through my little kiddies, and just feeling so happy to be surrounded by so much love.


Now other than spending time with those we love and gift giving and receiving, the holidays also bring something else: food. My goodness. So much food. I really outdid myself this year. It was as though I was testing my insides to see how much food I could stuff in. Have you ever been to the Teddy Bear Factory, where you stuff your own bears? That’s kind of what I felt like. I just couldn’t resist the urge to taste a little bit of everything, and with about 6 dinner parties on my schedule, my tummy got quite he beating. My first Jazzercise class was yesterday, and I thought I was going to pass out on my step. I could literally feel and smell the Tofurky roast oozing out of my pores. However, I felt like a million bucks afterwards. And my first yoga class today since the holidays? Mind-blowing. Triangle pose never felt so good. Oh and that side plank with tree pose intertwined in it? Magical. I woke up this morning feeling a little bummed since I had to return to my desk at work after a two week hiatus, but yoga brought my mind back to its regal place and now I am welcoming all of my daily work’s challenges with a smile.

The holiday season winded down with New Year’s Eve. And that evening was spent with close friends, in our pyjamas, playing Partini, eating finger food (of course, more food), and watching that ball drop. In my own expert opinion, there is nothing that can beat that. Oh wait, yes there is: seeing New Kids on the Block performing live with The Backstreet Boys right before the ball dropped? Yeah, I giggled like a school girl, I’m not gonna lie. And what comes along with NYE? Ah yes, that fear-provoking resolution. It creeps up on you, and you can’t ignore it, because everyone will ask you: What’s your resolution for 2011? So let me share my 2011 projects with you.

1. To continue to fuel my body with the most positive of energies. Yoga, jazzercise, family, friends, Roxanne, smiling…all these things will help.
2. To be more crafty and creative. Rather than going out and buying things, I am going to first ask myself: can I make these? And if I think I can, then I will try. Example: I needed curtains for my kitchen. Rather than going out and buying pre-maid curtains, I turned a lovely table cloth into lovely curtains. Not bad for someone who has never really handled fabric- I still tape my pants at the bottom when they’re too long rather than hem them- oops, embarrassing confession!
3. To be more confident. I have a nasty habit of convincing myself that I can’t do anything as grand as I hope to. Well, that needs to change, and it will! I think number 1 and 2 will help with that.

I hope that you all had the happiest of holidays. May 2011 bring you much deserved happiness and hugs.

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year LL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great projects on your list. I'm sure you will achieve all three....
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete