Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.



Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Was Hungry. I Wanted to Pray. I Was in Love.

Last weekend my best blonde buddy K and I went on a date.  How romantic!  We treated ourselves to a tantalizing array of Lebanese delicacies (thank you, stretchy pants) and then spent the next 2 hours with our eyes glued to the ginormous theatre screen in front of us.  After finishing the book only days before, I saw Eat Pray Love.  My initial concern was that I would be dissapointed.  The story was so freshly-squeezed in my mind, I was worried about comparing every fraction of it and be upset if it wasn't an exact duplicate of the phenomenal pages that filled my eyes with glistening hope and my heart with inrrefutable passion.  But despite my fears, the film encompassed my soul with that very feeling of wonder that shot through me after having read the book.  K and I walked out of there with an ooey gooey feeling, like we were drowning in warm syrup.

The Eat made me hungry, despite the gluttonous feast we had indulged in only a few hours prior to the movie.  Though we didn't let our stomachs get the best of us, we did break down our guards and splurge on a delicious bottle of Quebec-disguised-as-Australian red wine.  We bought it at a gas station convenience store- accompanied with a 1 litre bottle of RC Cola for K's beau.  The attendant must have obviously thought we were classy ladies.  It may not have been as rich as the Italian red wine in the film, but it was good for us. 

The Pray made me even more excited to start my YTT and get into meditation.  It was portrayed as spiritually and as beautifully as it was written in the pages of the book.  It also made me want to go to India- I know, I know, one thing at a time!  It was my favourite part of the book, and it remains my favourite part in the film as well.  It also motivated me to get started on my yoga room at the house, so last night Vinny and I primed the walls to get them ready for the blue paint.  I say that by this time next week, it should all be set-up.  And yes, pictures will follow!

The Love...well, I can't very well say that it made me want to fall in love since I already have my love lobster Vinny.  So it made me thankful to have such a presence in my own life.  It also, however, made me daydream about Javier Bardem!  Funny how my initial excitement was about James Franco, and it quickly veered to Javier once he emerged in full handsomeness on the screen.  What an enchanting and brawny man.  Oh, and it also helped me discover a Brazilian guitarist/singer named Joao Gilberto.  I have been told that he is extremely popular, but this is my first encounter with his music.  I've proccured two of his albums already.  His voice and strings carry me away.

I lent my mom the book this week so she could read it and see the movie afterwards.  She read it within a day, and said she wants to re-read it.  And only then, she says, will she be prepared to watch it on the big screen.

Namaste,
Lady Lotus

The handsome Javier.

Joao in his younger days.

No comments:

Post a Comment